Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Margaritas: Skinny Wild Hibiscus Margarita

Anyone who knows me knows I love my margaritas-frozen, fresh, skinny.  I love them all!

I also love my tea! I honestly have about 50 different types of tea at all times in my house. Black, rooibos, herbal, I love them all!

I first saw a Hibiscus Margarita on Wild Hibiscus and was inspired to create my own variation.  I figured the combination would be like heaven-tea and tequila.  I do like herbal teas but rarely drink them.  And I was sold when I saw the gorgeous Wild Hibiscus flowers-they're edible and really make the drink feel special.






Skinny Wild Hibiscus Margaritas
2 parts hibiscus tea
1 part tequila
1 part grapefruit juice
1 part Wild Hibiscus syrup (found here)

1. Make the hibiscus tea double-strong. Ex. Instead of using one teabag, use two.
    Don't have hibiscus tea? Use Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger Tea.

2. Chill tea. 

3. Once tea is cold, add tequila, grapefruit juice, and Wild Hibiscus syrup. 

4. Shake well.

5. Garnish with a Wild Hibiscus flower.

Hibiscus tea can be strong and tart.  If you don't like the taste, add sweetener (sugar, agave, Splenda) while the tea is hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment